Arsenal Women Supporters Club Privacy Notice
This notice was last updated on 2nd September 2018
This notice will be reviewed on an annual basis or when a change in legislation and/or practices dictates and any changes will be notified to you by posting an updated version on our website and/or contacting you by e-mail.
We recommend that you regularly check for changes and review this notice when visiting our websites.
The Arsenal Women Supporters Club is committed to protecting your privacy. We take your privacy seriously and will only use the personal information we collect from you or that you provide relating to the products and services you have requested from us or whereby you make an enquiry about our services.
If you have any questions or concerns relating to this notice, including how to update or access your personal information or to make a complaint, you will find our contact details in the Contact Us section.
We are providing this privacy notice so you know who we are and what we do with any personal information we may collect.
The Privacy Notice explains:
- Who the Supporters Group are
- What personal information we collect from you when you visit our website or contact us
- How we collect, store and share personal information
- How we keep your personal information secure
- Your rights in relation to your personal information
- How you can make a Subject Access Request
- How you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Officer (ICO)
By providing us with your information you consent to Arsenal Women’s Supporters Club using your personal data as described in this notice.
1.1 WHO ARE WE
We are the Arsenal Women’s Supporters Club and our main aim is to provide updates relating to the Arsenal Women’s football club and also where possible provide services to member’s such as away travel and interviews with players.
If you have any questions, suggestions or complaints about the processing of your personal information please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or direct message via www.facebook.com/arsenalwomensc, www.instagram.com/arsenalwomensc or www.twitter.com/arsenalwomensc.
- HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information in the following ways:
When you contact us via e-mail, social media, our website or in person.
The information that we collect is likely to include your name, e-mail address, your telephone number, how you contact us and when you first contacted us.
When you visit our websites or social media pages your personal information may be automatically collected by our web servers and/or cookies. This information could include your IP address, the date and the pages you visit.
- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION ARE WE COLLECTING
In order for us to provide us the services outlined above it is necessary for us to collect, maintain and process personal information about you.
Personal information we may collect includes the following:
– Your name
– Your e-mail address
– Your telephone number
– The date you registered
– How you registered (i.e. social media, e-mail etc.)
- WHY WE ARE COLLECTING THIS INFORMATION?
We collect your personal information in order to:
– Provide you with newsletters
– Provide you with social media content
– Provide you with away travel information
– Allow you to join our WhatsApp group to vote for the POTM
– Pass on any information related to the club or members
- OUR LEGAL BASES TO PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
There are a number of different legal bases that we may use in order to collect and/or process your personal information. These are listed below:
We will collect and process your personal information with your consent. You have provided your e-mail address on the understanding that we will be providing you with relevant information.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
When we have a contract with you we will collect and process your personal information in order to fulfil our contractual obligation with you. Whether this be providing information or supporting you with away travel information.
We will use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations. This may mean that we need to provide your personal information to HMRC, DVLA and any other public authority. If requested, we will provide the police with personal information to assist them with investigations.
We may use your personal information should we need to contact you about an urgent safety with any of our services. This may include away travel information.
- RIGHTS OF ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Under current data protection law, you as an individual, have a number of rights in relation to the personal information we hold on you.
We may ask you to verify your identity or request more information about you in order for us to fulfil your request.
6.1 YOUR RIGHT TO CORRECTING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If any of the information we hold about you or your contact details change, is inaccurate or out of date please contact this e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
6.2 YOUR RIGHT TO ERASE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may ask for your personal information to be erased from our systems by emailing us at the following email address email@example.com or by direct messaging us at www.facebook.com/arsenalwomensc, www.instagram.com/arsenalwomensc or www.twitter.com/arsenalwomensc.
We will comply with your request unless there is a lawful reason for us to continue to use and process your personal information.
6.3 YOUR RIGHT TO RESTRICT PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal information in the following circumstances
- Where you contest the accuracy of the personal information we hold on you
- Where you believe your personal information has been unlawfully processed
- Where you believe we no longer require your personal information for processing purposes or you require us to retain the information in order to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim
6.4 YOUR RIGHTS TO THE PORTABILITY OF YOU PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your right to data portability allows you to obtain and re-use the personal information we hold on you for your own purposes. This will be provided to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (e.g. an Excel file). Machine-readable means that software can extract the data for other organisations to use. You can ask us to transfer your personal information directly to another service provider where technically feasible.
6.5 YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a right to object about how we process your personal information on the following grounds:
Processing based on legitimate interest
Processing based on performing a task in the public interest including profiling
You can exercise your right to object by emailing or writing to us at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org or via the social media address described above.
You can also withdraw your consent and opt out from newsletters and other marketing by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our marketing emails.
- RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT
You have a right to make a complaint with the supervisory authority if you have any concerns about the collection or processing of your personal information. The supervisory authority is the
Information Commissioners Office (ICO) whose contact details can be found on their website https://ico.org.uk/.
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take the protection of your personal information seriously and will treat it with care and take appropriate steps to protect it.
What we do to protect your personal information:
- Our computers are password protected and passwords are changed regularly
- We both have cyber protection on our computers
- We ensure that they are only accessed by authorised personnel
- We securely dispose of any personal information that is no longer required
- We verify the identity of anyone requesting access to personal information prior to providing it
- WHAT SPECIAL CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA ARE COLLECTED
To provide certain services it may be necessary for us to collect personal information which is more sensitive. The special categories of personal information we collect or process may include information about your:
- E-mail Address
- Telephone Number
- If we arrange away day travel we may need, at point of purchase, payment details or addresses
- WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Sometimes it will be necessary for us to share your personal information with trusted third parties.
An example of this is when we use a travel companies to organise away travel.
We will only provide the information that this trusted third party needs to perform the expected task.
However, we will only provide information with your consent.
- THE PROFILING WE DO
On some occasions we may collect or process your personal information using automated decision making systems (a decision made by automated means and without any human intervention). We do this because we want to provide you with information, products and services that are of interest and are most relevant to you.
- OUR RETENTION POLICY
We do not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary.
The length of time we retain your personal information for will be determined by the type of information we collect and the purpose that it has been processed for and/or our obligations under other laws.
- We will hold your personal information for marketing purposes unless you have opted out or unsubscribed from receiving marketing information
- We will keep any personal details collected for away travel until after the event then delete it unless you wish us to keep it on file until next time
If you have any concerns about our retention period, please contact email@example.com.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Privacy Notice only applies to Arsenal Women’s Supporter’s Club communications, social media, e-mails and website.
Our websites may contain links to other organisations’ websites, which we do not control. These websites are owned and operated by a third party and they are responsible for processing personal data in accordance with their own privacy policies.